Self Advocacy Matters!
On Wednesday the 19th of October 2022, Victorian Self Advocacy Network and Reinforce ran a CONFERENCE!
It was called Self Advocacy Matters.
It was a conference run BY people with disability FOR people with disability. Watch the video below!
Positive Powerful Parents
Positive Powerful Parents is a Self Advocacy Group run by and for Parents with Intellectual Disability. You can find out more about this self-advocacy group here!
Positive Powerful Parents have made two videos with very important tips for all self-advocates. The first video is Running Safe Groups.
Watch the video below!
The second video is Safe Story Sharing. Watch the video below!
Great advice – thanks Positive Powerful Parents!
Top 5 Tips to become a Strong Self Advocate
Reinforce has made a new video.
It’s all about speaking up and having your voice heard! The video was made by filmmaker Iain Soumitri and Reinforce self advocates. Have a watch below!
New Video – Healthy Discussions!
Reinforce worked with Office of Public Advocate to make a new video.
The video has lots of great tips for doctors and health workers. It has great advice on how to listen and support patients with disability. Have a watch below!
Welcome to Reinforce Office
The Drummond Street Ballad
The Happy Song
- Self Advocates tell their stories – A book featuring the life stories of self advocates
- Help me to tell the truth – A young mans experience of abuse and his struggle to be heard
- Reinforce-final-23-10-13-JF – the history of Self Advocacy in Victoria
- Friends – friends meet in a coffee shop and learn about self advocacy groups
- Greetings from Reinforce – Reinforce members talk about Reinforce and Self Advocacy
- Meetings tapes – made in the “80’s these DVD’s teach about holding meetings
- Spreading the Word – four short DVD’s talking about choices in accommodation, recreation services and work
- Finding my feet – a young woman makes her own choices and decisions in life
- Assertiveness – 2 DVD’s that show short stories of people learning to speak up for themselves
- My House My Home My Rights in a CRU – A DVD for training people in supported accomodation about their rights
- Meetings 2013 – This DVD is a newer version of how to run meetings
Looking for something?
Reinforce has a collection of training resources and handouts.
If you are interested in our resources, please contact us! Click here to contact us.