What does Reinforce do?
Reinforce is involved in lots of different things which support people with an intellectual disability and promote their human rights including:
- Supporting people with an intellectual disability to speak up
- Providing Self Advocacy training
- Running Coffee Mornings with guest speakers
- Running a Social Club and Drama Group
- Supporting Self Advocacy
- Making resources including videos, books, training etc
- Providing education, training and consultation about self advocacy to government and service providers
- Community Education, public speaking and general training
- Supporting the rights of people in Community Residential Units
- Advising government and community groups
- Providing people with resources from our library including videos, books, self advocacy programs etc
If you would like to find out more about Reinforce please phone us.
Importance of Self Advocacy – Inclusive Communities report
The Reinforce Committee would like to thank and congratulate the Victorian government on their exceptional attention to supporting Social Inclusion within the NDIS transition.
In particular Reinforce members are very happy with the Victorian Government giving strong recommendation to the continuation of self-advocacy groups and their subsequent funding.
Letter sent by the Reinforce Committee
Positive Powerful Parents (Self Advocacy Group)
We are a group of parents with an intellectual disability who believe that most parents should be supported to have their children at home with them. We meet up to support each other and think of ways to make the system fairer for parents with I.D.
If you are a parent with a disability we would love to hear from you and how it has effected you being a parent.
Mission Statement & initiatives PPSAG Mission statement and initiatives as at May 2015 (pdf) Brochure PPSAG brochure master 2018(pdf)
We meet every month, please contact Susan at Reinforce on 9650 7855 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you would like more information about the group